The practice works closely with senior management of the clients to develop innovative strategies and structural solutions that protect our clients' interests and help them meet their transaction objectives. In-depth legal advice and support is extended at all levels of the transaction, including due diligence, structuring and executing asset and stock acquisitions, mergers, divestitures, divisional spin-offs, recapitalizations, issues of new shares at discounts, reorganizations and management and leveraged buyouts, documentation and tender offers under the Take-overs Law.
- Merger of foreign (middle eastern) banks into one single operations in Pakistan, thereby creating the then largest Middle Eastern bank operating in Pakistan.
- Provided services on merger of Pakistan operations of a Kenyan Bank with and into a prestigious local bank.
- Complete buy-side advisory for takeover of the Pakistan operations of an American bank by local conglomerate. The assignment included complete due diligence and negotiations, finalization of all the agreements followed amalgamation of the foreign banks operations into a local investment bank, resulting in creation of a separate commercial bank.
- Sale side advisory related to disposal of controlling shares and management of a local bank to an offshore investment group based in the Middle East.
- Sale side advisory of takeover of a listed microfinance bank by a local syndicate. The transaction involved various permissions from the State Bank of Pakistan and Competition Commission of Pakistan as well as the SECP along-with compliance of the takeover laws.
- Conducted numerous legal due diligence in respect of takeover and acquisition of commercial banks, insurance companies, microfinance banks, small & medium size enterprises bank, leasing companies, etc. and preparation of Due Diligence Reports.
- Sale side advisory to a European fund for disposal of their strategic investments held in Pakistan in manufacturing and transport sectors.
- Sale side services for disposal of manufacturing and marketing units of a large insecticides and pesticides manufacturing company to an offshore group, including assignment of trademark.
- Common counsel to both buyer and seller and facilitating them in effectuating transfer of management control and shareholding of a PET recycling company.
- Purchase side advisory services rendered to a local group for acquisition of a licensed asset management company and its subsequent merger/amalgamation into the existing AMC held by the group.
- Sale Side advisory to sponsors of a corporate brokerage house and assisting them in disposing their shareholding and management control of the company to the proposed buyer.