The Firms experience in oil and energy sector includes gas and RFO based power plants and oil marketing companies. Through its involvement as counsel for lenders, investors, sponsors and developers, the Firm provides concurrent advice and documentation for project finance, fuel supply, power purchase and construction and engineering contracts.
- Sale side advisory for an oil marketing company based in Pakistan. The services included review of the overall arrangement between the parties as well as the resulting impact on the existing commitments, rights and licenses of the target company.
- Acted as a borrower’s legal counsel for a syndicated working capital facility for an RFO based power plant operating under the Power Policy 2002. The scope included carving out of the assets of the borrower to be pledged and given as a security to the lenders of the working capital facility whilst ensuring the remaining assets continue to remain available as security for the overall project lenders.
- Due diligence of a combined cycle power plant clubbed with a desalination project operating in Pakistan.
- Corporate counsel for a local conglomerate intending to set up a power project as an Independent Power Producer under the power policy of the government. The services included liaising and dealing with the governmental bodies, the EPC contractors as well as the equipment suppliers.
- Legal counsel to one of the joint venture partners of an IPP and resolving the issues with the lenders with respect to security provided and the liability of each of the partners in case of default.