Bawaney & Partners has assisted clients in the formation of corporations and partnerships/joint ventures between local and foreign partners, resulting in joint ventures, franchising, international collaborations and shareholders agreements. From agricultural companies to brokerage houses, many new ventures have been successfully implemented.
The Firm has advised many off-shore and local clients on technical and legal matters as well as on regulatory regime pertaining to investments and repatriation of profits as applicable from time to time. Matters related to franchising, royalty and knowledge sharing have been advised upon from time to time.
- Negotiation and finalization of a joint venture between a Japanese motor cycle manufacturer with a local Pakistani group to set up a motor cycling manufacturing plant in Pakistan.
- Review, negotiations and finalization of chaperone agreements between American based broker-dealers and Pakistani brokerage houses under the ambit of SEC Rule 15a-6, enabling Pakistani securities companies to distribute their research to US based investors as well as enabling them to make in-person visits to clients based in the USA.
- Foreign collaboration and joint venture between Merrill Lynch and local listed brokerage house for sharing of knowledge and trading collaboration.
- Drafting, negotiations and finalization of dealership and distribution agreements proposed to be entered into a Japanese company and local cold-roll steel manufacturing concern for sale and distribution of the cold-roll steel coils across Pakistan.
- Finalization of international collaboration and venture between a New York based investment bank and securities broker and a Pakistani listed brokerage house.
- Legal services on procurement of the then largest foreign exchange investment by an offshore Middle Eastern investment house in a listed brokerage house in Pakistan, and subsequently changing the name and composition of the board of directors of the brokerage company to reflect the collaboration.
- Complete legal services on the acquisition of jewellery export company in Export Processing Zone by an offshore investor. Services included takeover of the management, production facilities, licenses and permits and complete control of the local entity.
- Advisory services related to joint venture between local partners and Malaysian company for setting up of an edible oil production facility and crushing plant to produce animal feed.
- Acted as legal counsel for Pakistan Security Printing Corporation on a Joint Venture with a Swiss Company.
- Manufacturing and license agreements for production of health care products by a major local pharmaceutical company under authority and permit of the foreign pharmaceutical company which holds the patents to the drugs.
- Advisory services to an off-shore group in negotiations and finalization for formation of a joint venture company in Pakistan which was to be involved in textiles sector.